I am really excited about the beginning of a new year. I donâ€™t think my schedule is going to slow down but I am learning so much. Digging into the mounds of material that we have from the research project has been rewarding yet overwhelming. I have been up and down so many paths that lead me to other paths of learning! As Juan, one of my previous elementary bloggers said, â€œAw my brain hurts!â€ Iâ€™m there now but I have to tell you that the process is so worthwhile. It is excruciating, exciting, exhausting, and exhilarating all at the same time.
Hereâ€™s how I have been spending my days:
- plowing through the data
- discussing and re-discussing the data with my research colleague
- studying the data
- pouring over previous research to make connections
- interpreting the data
- learning from the data
- struggling so hard to find just the right words to tell the story
- backtracking to make sure things werenâ€™t missed
- finishing a piece or thinking you have finished a piece and then the lightbulb comes on and youâ€™re down another path
- coding and yes even still transcribing
- exploring different paths for evaluation
- writing, re-writing, and thinking about what will be written next
I could go on and on with that list but I’m sure you get the picture. I have a lot of frustrations with the slow process of writing and publishing research yet I am learning the benefits. Many thanks go to my colleague, Ewa. I think we are going to be contributing some very important pieces to this whole process.
Meanwhile I am going to try by best to get back to blogging, even if I still canâ€™t always blog about what I would like to at the moment. That time will comeâ€¦ patience was never one of my strong suits.There will be light at the end of the tunnel!