semester beginnings are! Whew! I’ve been doing a lot of technology
workshops for the early ed group. I introduced them to blogs and they
have created one but there’s not enough time to really go over it with
them. At least not in the way I would like. I believe it takes
time to explore all the many possibilities and, more importantly, time
is needed for discussing the concept. I
really hate this skill a day
mode we are living in in the world of education. I see it here and in
the schools. Aaaaarrrrrg! My dilemma is whether to introduce them to
blogs, knowing I have no time given for follow-up. Should I or
shouldn’t I? The agenda for these students is jam packed and the
professors need every moment for their classes. Then there is no time
for me to meet with the professors to open up the dialogue in a much
better way then just here and there when there are moments we can
catch.. They want to include this but other things
take over. Time is ever the problem, right?
Some students will continue blogging and some won’t but I’ve decided to
go ahead and introduce them to blogs. I’ve been reading their posts and thought
I’d share a few. .
- Amy says blogs are popping up everywhere.
- Suzanne shares how she and others helped displaced students from Katrina.
- Amanda laments over not being able to use the technology she is learning in the classroom where she is interning.
- Another Amanda is observing some wonderful things going on in her classroom and likes seeing the use of technology by the students.
- Jessica is learning about the trials and tribulations of classroom management.
Lots of good conversations could be initiated from these posts and others I’ve been reading……….